Reserve a Space
Resources to help the campus community reserving a space on campus for an event.
Before Reserving a Space
Details to Consider when Choosing a Space
Reserving a Space
For events organized by campus community members, please review the space’s specific calendar which can be found under the Room Directory in order to check availability, ensure that you are reserving enough time in between events, and aren’t overlapping with another reservation. Once you have checked the space’s individual calendar, then you may reserve it through Google Calendar with the following steps.
- To begin, log in to your Beloit College Gmail account.
- In the top right hand corner of your main email screen, click the grid of squares and then select “Calendar”. A new tab will open showing your Google Calendar.
- In your calendar, create a new calendar event.
- Click the “Create” button in the left sidebar.
- Click the date/time in the calendar then click “Edit Event”.
- Enter the event name, date, time and a description of the event. If your event needs time to set up or take down, include this needed time in the calendar event.
- In the right sidebar, click the “Rooms” option to list the spaces available for the time you selected.
- Click your preferred space in the list to add it to your event. The space should appear below the list as a participant and in the “Where” field.
- If your preferred space is unavailable, you will need to choose another space or time for your event.
- When ready, click “Save” to send your request.
Approval of your Reservation
Room requests are not finalized until a room administrator accepts your request. You must follow up with room administrators by phone when making a request less than 48 hours before the event. Room administrator names and phone numbers are available on the Room Directory.
You will receive a confirmation email when an administrator accepts a request to reserve a space. Be sure to review the response and look for any notes that the administrator may have included.
Events which do not need promotion do not need to submit their event to the Campus Calendar. Some examples include: departmental meetings, committee or project meetings, candidate interviews, ensemble rehearsals, etc.