Here you will find resources to inform your job search and professional success categorized by social identity.
People inhabit multiple identities based on their ability status, gender/gender identity and/or sexuality, national origin, citizenship status, and/or race. The impact of these identities is unique to each student’s experiences, search processes, and goals and can influence both the experiences a student has as well as the laws protecting the student against discrimination.
To discuss how these issues may impact your unique job search experience, please schedule an appointment with Jessica Fox-Wilson.
General Diversity Resources
- American Foundation for the Blind: Career Connect
- Disabled Person: Job board
- Entry Point! : Internships for students with disabilities in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and business
- Federal Employment of People with Disabilities
- Job Accommodation Network
- National Business & Disability Council - Job Seekers
- The Red Book: A general reference tool describing the Social Security Administration’s disability-related policies.
- U.S. Department of Labor Disability Resources
- Black Remote She - A community for Black queer and trans women, nonbinary people and allies interested in working remotely.
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals
- Human Rights Campaign – Workplace Resources
- Lambda Legal – Employment
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists & Technical Professionals
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Q+ Equality Foundation
- Trans Can Work
- Transgender Law Center – Employment Resources
- Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce
(See related links for information about F-1 and J-1 employment)
- My Undocumented Life (Graduate school fellowship listings)
- Non-U.S. Citizens Opportunities
- DACA Work Authorization
- United We Dream
Students of Color
- Black Career Network
- Black Career Women’s Network
- Black Employment & Entrepreneur Journal
- United Negro College Fund
Native American Students
- National Congress of American Indians Job Board
- Native American Journalists Association
- USAJobs for Native American Job Seekers