Borrow a Car
Three compact cars are available for learning opportunities, including internships, volunteer activities, interviews, and conferences.
The Center’s vehicles may be used for approved learning experiences and professional development opportunities such as:
- internships and volunteer activities,
- community-based learning activities,
- conferences and workshops,
- job and informational interviews,
- job shadowing.
The cars may be used by students for transportation to sites within one hour from Beloit College as estimated by Google Maps. Trips to more distant locations require the participation of a faculty or staff member and prior consent from the Director of Community Based Learning.
Three compact cars are available on a first-come, first served basis by prior reservation with the Career and Community Engagement Center Office Coordinator.
Note: Cars are scheduled in two week blocks; we cannot guarantee a vehicle for the entire semester.
Cars are available to drive to locations within an hour of Beloit.
- meet with the Office Coordinator of the Career and Community Engagement Center to discuss the reason for borrowing the car;
- be approved to drive college vehicles through the Security Office
Staff and faculty are pre-approved drivers if they have a current U.S. driver’s license.
…is the price of gas. The car will have a full tank of gas when picked up. Before returning the car, the driver must fill the tank completely.
Note: Students who are are driving through a program or particular office may inquire about getting their gas receipts reimbursed.
Steps to Reserve a Car
- Become a registered driver through Security (this includes paperwork, a background check, and a drive with a member of security).
- Fill out the Career and Community Engagement Vehicle Agreement form.
- Make an appointment with the Career and Community Engagement Center’s Office Coordinator to go over paperwork and rules.