Once a student becomes enrolled at Beloit College, families are under an obligation to pay tuition and fees as assessed. All tuition and fees are due by the semester due date as listed on the Beloit College website. Payment in full MUST be received prior to the start of each semester, unless enrolled in a monthly payment plan.
Those families who do not pay in full by the stated deadlines and/or have not signed up on a payment plan will be assessed a late fee of $175.00. Families who wish to make monthly installments must enroll in a payment plan.
We understand that some families will have federal or alternative loans and/or scholarships which cover the outstanding balance owed. Loans will be credited to the student account once all the necessary paperwork is complete. If the loan requirements are not completed timely, your student account may be assessed a late fee of $175.00.
Families who wish to enroll in a monthly payment plan will be required to enroll online or by phone with Tuition Management Systems or 800-722-4867. A small enrollment fee must be paid when enrolling for each semester. The enrollment fee for 2019/2020 is $45. Enrollment is required for each semester a payment plan is needed. Any missed or returned payments will be subject to a $175.00 late fee. When using the payment plan, all balances are due by the end of the semester.
Failure to Pay
If payment is not received by the semester due date or payments are not made per the plan agreement, the student’s account will receive an Accounting Hold.
Results of an Accounting Hold may include the following:
- $175.00 late fee
- Cancellation of payment plan
- Withdrawal from current semester
- Immediate removal from residence halls and meal plans
- Inability to register for classes
- Diplomas and transcripts withheld
The last day to drop courses without any liability for Fall 2021 is August 27, 2021
This means if you reduce your number of units below full-time or completely withdraw from the college after this date above, you will be responsible for paying tuition, fees, room and board according to the Refund Schedule. Please see below for our Refund Schedule for Fall 2021.
This refund policy applies to all students regardless of the reason for withdrawal (personal, medical, academic, official withdrawal)
IMPORTANT: Please also be aware of the other financial implications of withdrawing from the College (including taking a Leave of Absence) with regard to financial aid. Please visit the Financial Aid Office website for more information - Return of Title IV
- Days of class include all days that fall on or between the first day of class and/or the last day of exams.
- For sessions other than regular academic terms the refund will be calculated on a prorated basis with the refund equal to the percentage of the session still remaining on the day of the withdrawal, rounded to the nearest ten percent.
- Examples of the application of the refund policy are available in the Bursar’s Office.
- Actual dates differ each semester and are available from Bursar’s Office Staff.
Tuition Protection Insurance (Optional)
Protect your investment in higher education with the GradGuard Tuition Insurance. It can reimburse up to 100% of your non-refundable tuition expenses if your student withdraws mid-semester for a covered illness, injury, certain psychological conditions, and more.
It’s an affordable way to protect yourself financially—-giving you peace of mind.
This coverage expands the scope of the Beloit College refund policy.
Learn more online or call (866) 724-4384.
- August 23 - August 27, 2021 (week 1) - 100%
- August 28 - September 3, 2021 (week 2) - 80%
- September 4 - September 10, 2021 (week 3) - 60%
- September 11 - September 17, 2021 (week 4) - 40%
- September 18 - September 24, 2021 (week 5) - 20%
- No refund after September 24, 2021
Music Refund Schedule
- August 23 - September 3, 2021 (weeks 1 & 2)-100%
- No refund after September 3, 2021
All applied music courses are 1/4 unit and are offered as qualified instructors are available. The term fee of $350.000 is refunded if applied music course is dropped during the first two weeks of the term. After that time, the full fee is charged.
3.5 Week Program
- Drop during 1st week of classes—80%
- Drop during 2nd week of classes—50%
- No refund after the last day of the 2nd week
7 Week Program
- Drop during 1st week of classes—80%
- Drop during 2nd week of classes—60%
- Drop during 3rd week of classes—40%
- Drop during 4th week of classes—20%
- No refund after the last day of the 4th week
“A week” begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. A
short week, e.g., the first week of classes, is counted as
a full week regardless of the number of days of class.
- Drop during 1st day of classes—80%
- Drop during 2nd day of classes—50%
- Drop during 3rd day of classes—20%
- No refund after the 3rd day