Welcome to Beloit!
We are committed to being in session in the fall educating our students. In consultation with the Beloit COVID-19 Taskforce, Emergency Academic Authority, and in accordance with the Safer at Home rules coming from the Governors’ offices in Wisconsin and Illinois, we have planned for a safe, smart, and sensible Move-in and New Student Days experience. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Related checklist items
- Get tested for COVID-19 seven to ten days prior to your arrival on campus. Bring negative test results with you.
- Submit flight arrival information for any student living outside the U.S.
- Move-in day for international students: Sun. Aug. 23. U.S. citizens living abroad are also encouraged to move-in at this time.
- Move-in day for most U.S. (domestic) students (see below).
- If you are a fall varsity athlete or have been selected for the Student Excellence and Leadership Program, you will receive additional correspondence about your move-in days and process.
New Student Days: Move-in Day
(International students and US students living abroad, please see your earlier move-in date and relevant activities below. You will also be attending sessions and events of domestic move-in day and the rest of new student days.)
This year’s move-in for both new students and returning students will be on a staggered schedule to allow for safer movement in and out of the residence halls. All students are to present their COVID-19 negative test results (from 7-10 days prior) first thing at check in.
New students will arrive on August 26, 27, and 28 during New Student Days. The move-in schedule will be:
- Last Name starts A-G on the 26th from 8 am - 2 pm
- Last Name starts H-P on the 27th from 8 am - 2 pm
- Last Name starts Q-Z on the 28th from 8 am - 2 pm
Check-in will be at the corner of Emerson and College. In order to prevent congestion, proceeding from check-in will be moderated carefully. If you arrive at a popular time, you may be instructed to wait until there is enough space for you to move-in safely. We plan to put additional welcome items and information in your room.
Returning students will move in on August 29, 30, and 31. The move-in schedule will be:
- Last Name starts A-G on the 29th from 8 am - 2 pm
- Last Name starts H-P on the 30th from 8 am - 2 pm
- Last Name starts Q-Z on the 31st from 8 am - 2 pm
International Students (J-1, F-1, and Exchange)
New international students will arrive August 23 - 24. Please submit your travel itinerary through the Portal as soon as you’ve made your arrangements.
Exploring the city
Beloit College extends beyond campus. Several campus facilities, including CELEB (the entrepreneurship center), Gallery ABBA (the student-run art gallery), and the Hendricks Center for the Arts are located downtown.
Downtown Beloit is just a short walk down the hill from the main Beloit College campus. Within walking distance, you’ll discover plenty of dining options, cafés, and study spots with student specials. When you’re in need of a study break, you’ll also find open mic nights, trivia contests, live music, and plenty of fun social events in the Beloit community. On Saturday mornings in May-October, Beloiters love to gather at the downtown Farmers’ Market (which is renowned statewide). (Note: in-person events will likely be modified during the pandemic.)