Teaching & Learning
Helping your students succeed, no matter where they are.
The Teaching & Learning Initiative supports and promotes effective teaching and learning at the college. As faculty design innovative ways to teach, what never changes is our focus on the outcomes of helping our students be effective communicators, productive collaborators, creative problem solvers and intellectually and professionally agile, and providing an education grounded in diversity, inclusion, personal relationships, and community.
Beloit’s Values and Practices form the foundation of all teaching and learning at the college.
- Equity and inclusion
- Experiential learning
- Global and international learning
- Community engagement
- Integrative and collaborative learning
Learning outcomes are integrated in all we do
- Be an effective communicator
- Be a creative problem solver
- Be a productive collaborator
- Be intellectually and professionally agile
Refer to these documents for more information about learning outcomes (Beloit only).
Teaching & Learning Initiative Team (2022-23)
Charged with helping faculty think about and plan for their pedagogy, especially in the context of hybrid and online delivery of courses: email@example.com
- Amy Briggs, Associate Dean
- Susan Carlson, Academic Technology Specialist
- Kelly Leahy, Student Success & Engagement Librarian
- Angi Olesen, Director of Learning Enrichment & Disability Services (LEADS)
- David Segura, Assistant Professor, Education and Youth Studies
- George Williams, Professor, Art