Teaching & Learning
Helping your students succeed, no matter where they are.
The Teaching & Learning Initiative supports and promotes effective teaching and learning at the college. As faculty design innovative ways to teach, what never changes is our focus on the outcomes of helping our students be effective communicators, productive collaborators, creative problem solvers and intellectually and professionally agile, and providing an education grounded in diversity, inclusion, personal relationships, and community.
Are you looking to learn more about how Teaching & Learning will work with COVID-19? Visit the Back at Beloit pages for more information.
Beloit’s Values and Practices form the foundation of all teaching and learning at the college.
- Equity and inclusion
- Experiential learning
- Global and international learning
- Community engagement
- Integrative and collaborative learning
Learning outcomes are integrated in all we do
- Be an effective communicator
- Be a creative problem solver
- Be a productive collaborator
- Be intellectually and professionally agile
Teaching & Learning Initiative Team
Charged with helping faculty think about and plan for their pedagogy, especially in the context of hybrid and online delivery of courses: email@example.com
- Kelly Leahy, Student Success & Outreach Librarian
- Haley Lott, Student Success & Outreach Librarian
- Donna Oliver, co-chair, Professor of Modern Languages & Literature
- James Rougvie, co-chair, Associate Professor, Geology
- David Segura, Assistant Professor, Education and Youth Studies
- George Williams, Professor, Art