The SEL Program is designed to provide a network of academic, personal, financial, and career services. The following is a list of some of the services available to program participants.
ACADEMIC ADVISING AND PERSONAL COUNSELING
POST-GRADUATE STUDY AND CAREER PLANNING RESOURCES
SERVICE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
First and second-year students may be eligible for a financial award/scholarship from the SEL Program. Grants usually range from $500-$1,200 and are distributed during the spring semester.
To be eligible students must receive a Pell Grant, be an active participant in the SEL Program, and attend a mandatory financial literacy workshop.
SEL MENTORING PROGRAM
The SEL Mentor Program is designed to be a comprehensive support system for students by students. The goal of the program is to help students achieve academic and personal success. SEL Mentors are returning participants who are committed to developing a long term relationship with first-year students.
LEARNING TOOLS, RESOURCE, AND TEXTBOOK LENDING PROGRAM
The SEL Program owns a variety of learning tools and resources the help promote and ensure student success. All resource items are available for student use and must be returned to the SEL Program. The following materials are currently available for use by program participants:
- Computer lab with scanner and copy/fax machine
- Laptop computers
- TI-84 Plus calculators
- Livescribe Pulse and Echo Smartpens
- Kodak Playsport digital cameras
- Canon Rebel T3i digital camera
- Textbooks and novels for Beloit College classes
- Academic resource books
- Personal resource books
- Graduate school and career resources (books, flashcards, study guides)
FINANCIAL LITERACY WORKSHOPS AND RESOURCES
The SEL Program provides various financial literacy workshops. SEL students will receive assistance when completing their financial aid applications and have the opportunity to learn about credit, student loans, budgets, filing for taxes, and other financial issues.
- Cash Course: This website is filled with financial information that can help you prepare for a successful financial future. Please make sure you visit the website and register under "Students". You will be able to create your own account and password.