What is Summer Institute?
SEL Program participants begin their college journey with our fully funded Summer Institute, which takes place August, 2019. Incoming students take classes (one for credit), are assigned a peer mentor, partake in fun excursions off campus that promote bonding and team building, have assigned times to meet professors, and take care of paperwork before everyone else arrives on campus. This gives our students an informed start to their college career!
What happens during Summer Institute?
- Tour the campus
- Explore the city
- Meet key faculty and staff
- Attend valuable workshops
- Take a course for Beloit College credit
- Bond with other participants and SEL peer mentors
- Attend fun social and cultural enrichment events
- Learn what SEL can do for you
What are the benefits?
- Develop personal, academic, and social skills necessary for college success
- Earn college credits
- Learn Beloit College standards and expectations
- Complete assessments that will help you set and achieve your goals
- Create a network of faculty, staff, and peer connections in a supportive environment
- Meet your peer mentors and bond with other first-year students
- Get a head start on learning about the campus and surrounding community
- Enjoy social enrichment opportunities
When is it?
Students arrive for the Summer Institute in August and will reside on campus until the start of the required campus New Student Days.
What does it cost?
Nothing! It is fully funded on your behalf!
Who will be there?
Summer Institute is for first-year, transfer, and continuing Beloit College students newly admitted to the Student Excellence and Leadership (SEL) program at Beloit College.
Where will I live?
You will live in the Beloit College residence halls. Choose your side of the room before your assigned roommate arrives!
How can I apply?
Apply by filling out the program application.
Where do I go for more information?
For additional information please contact a member of our staff at 608-363-2031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.