The third annual Community Connection Day will be held at Chapin Quad on Thursday. The event aims to connect students with local businesses in and around the city of Beloit.
“To be a student at Beloit College is also to be a part of the greater Beloit Community,” says Namoonga Mantina’15, campus health and wellness coordinator.
More than 40 businesses will be on campus for students to engage with.
“The Beloit experience for our students doesn't need to be confined to the four blocks of campus. Their sense of belonging can also be rooted in the greater community,” says Namoonga.
Below is a list of businesses that will participate in Community Connection Day.
- American Telepsychiatry, Inc
- AmSpirit Business Connections
- Beloit / Janesville Project Linus
- Beloit Area Community Health Center
- Beloit Clinic (Podiatry)
- Beloit League of Women Voters
- Beloit Life Center
- Beloit Police Department
- Beloit Public Library
- Beloit Snappers
- BioLife Plasma Services
- City of Beloit Clerk-Treasurer
- City of Beloit Fire Department
- City of Beloit Police Department
- City of Beloit Transit
- City of Beloit Water Resources
- CSL Plasma
- Downtown Beloit Association
- Ebates Beloit
- Homecare Pharmacy
- Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin
- Jewish Life at Beloit
- Life Church
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People(NAACP)
- OLOIP (Organization for the Loved Ones of Incarcerated Persons)
- Pure Gravity Fitness
- Rock County Public Health Department
- Stateline Family YMCA
- Stateline Literacy Council
- The Castle
- The Salvation Army - Beloit
- Thrivent Financial
- US Cellular
- Visit Beloit
- Welty Environmental Center