Jan. 29—Feb. 18
- Get your team together. 2-6 people per team
- Determine a team name and a team captain. You will need this information for registration
- Register. Each person has to register individually, and registration is open until Thursday, Jan. 26
- Go to tiny.cc/hwcpedometerchallenge.
- Students can pick up pedometers on Thursday, Jan. 26 from 5-7 p.m. in the Presidents Dining Lounge or 8:30-10 p.m. in Java Joint. If neither of these times work for you, please email to set up other arrangements.
- Your team captain will submit your team’s total steps every Sunday of the challenge. Each total will be emailed weekly. Try to increase your average each week.
Pedometer Challenge Rules
- Be Honest
- Record your steps before bed every night on the step log.
- RESET your pedometer every morning.
- Have fun, support and encourage each other.
- Strive for at least 10,000 steps a day.
- Challenge ends at 11:59 p.m. on Feb. 18.
Instructions for Team Captains
- You will be emailed your team step log where you and your teammates will log your daily steps. It will track your team’s total steps per week. For this challenge, a week runs from Sunday to Saturday.
- On Sundays by 5 p.m. you are responsible for submitting your team’s total step count. The document to do so will be emailed to you at the start of the challenge. Submission dates are:
- Sunday, Feb. 4
- Sunday, Feb. 11
- Sunday, Feb. 18
- Keep up morale and encourage your team members to get out and get steppin’.