(HWC) Registration: Fast & Furious Step Challenge
This event takes place each day from January 22nd, 2019 to January 31st, 2019.
Date: Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019
Duration: 24 hours
700 College St, Beloit, WI 53511
Sponsored by: Health & Wellness Center
Contact: Namoonga Mantina, email@example.com, 2336
Gather your crew and get movin' for HWC's Fast & Furious Step Challenge!
- Get your team together. 2 people minimum. Faculty, staff, and students can participate. If you do not have a team, you can register as an individual and we will find/form a team for you.
- Determine a Team Name and a Team Captain. You will need this information for Registration
- Register! Each person has to individually register at tiny.cc/hwcstepchallenge. Registration deadline is 1/31
- Pedometer Pick Up (students only). HWC will have a limited supply of pedometer available on Thursday 1/31 from 8:30 and 5pm. First come, first serve.
All the participants of the Step Challenge have a chance to win a pair of TURTLE SOCKS!...BUT it's a campus effort!
If all participants collectively achieve an average of 10,000 steps per day by the end of the Step Challenge, they will all get a pair of turtle socks!
In math terms this means:
Total steps from all participants = 10,000 (or more) = We Get Socks!
(# participants) x (days of challenge)
In simple terms this means:
We can all win socks, but we have to do it together! It's a campus effort and your steps will make a difference. Strive for 10,000 steps every day so all participants of the challenge can get socks!
CHALLENGE RUNNER APP
For our loyal step challenge participants, this means NO MORE GOOGLE EXCEL SHEETS!
- Automatically logs steps with Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Google Fit & Samsung Health
- text messaging to log steps
- real-time leadership board
- Online and mobile app version
This event occurs on:
- Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019
- Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019
- Thursday, January 24th, 2019
- Friday, January 25th, 2019
- Saturday, January 26th, 2019
- Sunday, January 27th, 2019
- Monday, January 28th, 2019
- Tuesday, January 29th, 2019
- Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
- Thursday, January 31st, 2019