The Logan Museum of Anthropology is a teaching museum that engages the Beloit College community in learning about the world’s cultures, anthropology, and museology. Through our collections and programs we foster the integration of knowledge and experience to enrich liberal learning.
Our primary community is…
Beloit College students, faculty, and staff. We also serve the regional community through programs that provide experiential learning opportunities for our students.
Our core priorities are to…
- Encourage the Beloit College community to make the maximum practical use of Logan Museum resources in order to meet the College’s mission.
- Enhance physical and intellectual access to museum resources, both onsite and online.
- Regularly assess and improve professional practice and adhere to high standards.
- Strengthen the museum by improving its financial status and infrastructure and its recognition locally, nationally, and internationally.
We aspire to be a…
- Vital, professional, accessible, collaborative, and responsive resource for the Beloit College community.
- National leader in undergraduate museum studies.
- Center of museum literacy for the Beloit College community and more widely.
- National and international research resource for anthropology and related fields.