Job Posting: Assistant/Associate Director of Admissions
|Closing Date||Until Filled|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
The admissions office is responsible for enrolling and re-enrolling students who contribute to and benefit from the mission and goals of the college. The purpose of this position is to help the college enroll students who are good for Beloit, and for whom Beloit is a good fit. More specifically, this position is a critical member of the recruitment team charged with cultivating prospective student interest in Beloit at the individual level (instead of through mass marketing). This involves:
- Developing and executing an enrollment recruitment plan tailored to an assigned cohort of prospective students.
- Managing an admission counseling territory, including developing partnerships with high school counselors, evaluating strategies, and completing 4-8 weeks of recruitment travel annually.
- Communicating with prospective students and those around them about Beloit as a college search option.
- Evaluating applications and participating in elements of the college’s applicant selection process.
In short, this position is focused on developing one on one relationships with prospective students that are mutually beneficial for the college and the student. The representative will work with the Enrollment leadership to design recruitment strategies, develop recruitment methodologies, and use data and analysis to optimize recruitment efficiency and effectiveness. In many cases, these efforts involve reaching out to students proactively, and in other cases, they involve responding to students who are demonstrating interest in the college.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with prospective students and their influencers about Beloit as a college search option. Develop a sense of rapport between prospective audience members and the college.
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies and plans that are customized by prospective student interest, attitudes toward Beloit, and college search stage.
- Meet with prospective students and families during college fairs, off campus receptions, open houses, and daily campus visits.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of on-campus events and programming designed to help prospective students and their families better understand Beloit.
- Assist with other areas of departmental operations as assigned, such as hiring and supervising student workers, writing and editing communications, or reviewing financial aid appeals.
- Work with special populations as assigned, such as transfer students, Porter Scholars or spring term starts.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and alumni to effectively engage them in the recruitment process.
- Collaborate with colleagues in athletics and enrollment strategy and marketing on complementary recruitment content and approaches.
- Use data and analysis to optimize recruitment efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the college’s programs, offerings, and resources.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of four years of experience in student or student-athlete recruitment or in admissions counseling at a college or university.
- Strong academic background.
- Valid US Driver’s License.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet recruitment goals at different points on the prospective student interest continuum. Highly intrinsically motivated and successful in building relationships with prospective students and their influencers.
- Articulate a genuine appreciation for the liberal arts and sciences
- Strategically plan and execute recruitment initiatives in cohort with the Director of Admissions.
- Demonstrate collaboration in partnering with alumni, parents, and other campus stakeholders to achieve enrollment goals.
- Prepare, monitor and offer data-informed reports on recruitment initiatives and efforts.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to contribute to a work environment that is welcoming to people from a diverse variety of backgrounds and experiences and an ability to articulate how a diverse environment enhances the educational experience of our students.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Domestic travel and evening and/or weekend work required.
- Strong social media and mobile/web-based communication skills Experience with recruitment/admissions CRM is a plus.
- Proficiency using Microsoft applications, zoom, databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Participate in professional organizations and professional development activities within the region.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.