Job Posting: Service Desk Coordinator - Library & Information Technology
|Closing Date||Until Filled|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
The Service Desk Coordinator is a full-time library position reporting to the Assistant Director of LITS, Common Services and holds primary responsibility for the day-to-day service desk staffing and operations necessary to provide safe and continuous access to the Morse Library facility, technology services, and resources. This position supervises a large student staff at the InfoDesk and provides the first tier of contact and support for all library and information technology related queries, and provides assistance in resolving them or directing them to the appropriate LITS personnel.
Characteristic Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to students, faculty, staff and members of the community at the InfoDesk, handles inquiries and problems regarding circulation, library resources, reserves, fines, ID card services, and basic technology support; escalates questions and problems as needed to appropriate LITS staff.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and schedules a diverse and customer service-oriented student work team providing frontline services and support for circulation, reference questions, reserves, ID card services, and tier-one technology
- Maintains the InfoDesk, equipment collection, reserve readings collection, and library book stacks in good
- Collaborates with the Library Director, Assistant Director, and librarians to oversee the operation of the library facility, including open/close procedures, setting operational hours, coordinating housekeeping and maintenance activities, and more.
- Makes recommendations for adjustments and changes in LITS practices and policies to better meet the needs of the campus
- Issues overdue notices, records fines, and resolves problems with ID cards, circulation, reserves, over dues, broken equipment, and lost items; coordinates with the Bursar’s Office to apply fines or refunds to student accounts as needed.
- Manages patron records relating to the circulation module of the Library’s ILS (OCLC WMS) in collaboration with the ILS administrator.
- Creates and maintains documentation of policies and procedures pertaining to InfoDesk functions for staff and student worker training.
- Collects and reports circulation and usage statistics, as well as monitor the number of help desk tickets created and resolved at the service
- Actively contributes to library and information technology committees and work
- Other related duties as
Credentials and Experience:
- Associate’s degree plus three years experience in a related position.
- Previous management experience along with prior work in an academic library, public library, technology help desk, or customer service-oriented position with knowledge of library
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with library ILS
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.