Job Posting: Director of Residential Life
|Closing Date||until filled|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
The Director of Residence Life oversees and directs the residential experience for students living in a variety of communities on campus and provides programmatic and educational vision and leadership focused on student development and learning, provides effective development and supervision of the Residential Life Coordinators, who manage their respective residential communities, and serves as a leader within the Student Life Division. The director will collaborate with other key partners across the college to bring an integrated approach to the lived student experience.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the College’s housing and residence life operations in the division of student life; provides fiscal management for department budget; supervises professional and support staff, ensuring efficient operations and programming, and ensures compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, standards, and laws.
- Evaluates and assesses College housing occupancy, retention, and projection trends; oversees the residential facilities to maintain a safe, secure, and healthy living environment; confirms that all room assignments and billings are completed and communicated to students.
- Responsible for Title IX investigations, student conduct and appeals; serves as a judicial hearing officer with occasional responsibility as a case presenter to the campus judicial board.
- Develops and oversees residential communities that utilize best practices in student development and research to create engaging, learning environments.
- Ensures the security and safety of students; responsible for crisis and risk management.
- Establishes long range planning mechanisms; represents the department and establishes a collaborative relationship with various departments throughout campus.
- Negotiates financial agreements with outside vendors and related commercial enterprises in collaboration with the appropriate departments.
- Responsible for ensuring Residential Life Coordinators and Resident Assistants are adequately trained to ensure the well-being of all residents as well adherence to College policies and procedures.
Credentials and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, Counseling, or other areas relevant to student affairs.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a College or University residence life/housing.
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software; ability to learn other software relevant to duties (e.g., Jenzabar, Reason content Management System to support web pages, and [specific software/programs]).
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.