Job Posting: Senior Associate Director/Director of International Admissions
|Closing Date||until filled|
|Employment Type(s)||Full Time|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
Beloit College attracts talented students who are curious, creative, and purposeful and who are drawn by excellence in teaching, mentoring, practical application of classroom learning, global perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. One of the Colleges That Change Lives, Beloit is located in a richly diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago.
The Admissions Office takes a data-informed, relationship-driven approach to recruiting and enrolling diverse and talented entering classes filled with students who contribute to and benefit from the campus community. Beloit has a long history of championing international education and exchange, and a typical entering class comprises approximately 20% international students.
This position is responsible for international recruitment and enrollment and will lead the development and implementation of strategy to support enrollment goals.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to an ethically grounded, collaboration-inclined, data-informed, relationally driven, and results-oriented work culture.
- Develop, implement, and assess data-informed international recruitment and enrollment plans to meet institutional goals for quality, quantity, diversity, and net tuition revenue.
- Provide leadership in the areas of recruitment, application evaluation, and yield of international students.
- Act as a liaison between the college and its various constituencies to enhance the college’s image domestically and abroad; cultivate and develop relationships with international schools, independent consultants, and other influencers of college enrollment decisions.
- Represent Beloit College to prospective students, parents, high school counselors, independent consultants, alumni, and the general public.
- Work collaboratively with offices such as financial aid, international student services, communications and marketing, registrar, and alumni relations
- Supervise and mentor junior staff and student interns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with inquiries and applicants through a variety of channels, including phone, email, text messages, and in-person and virtual events.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and alumni to effectively engage them in the recruitment process. Identify and coordinate opportunities to connect prospective students with relevant campus ambassadors, such as faculty, staff, coaches, current students, and alumni, and other engagement resources that are relevant to their needs, interests, and college search stage.
- Organize and host on and off-campus and virtual visits, receptions, and programs for prospective students and key influencers, such as school-based counselors and independent consultants.
- Read and evaluate applications.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the college’s programs, offerings, and resources.
- Serve as Designated School Official (DSO), maintaining the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and all related certification requirements. Under the guidelines provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), organize SEVIS data and issue immigration documents and grant immigration benefits to students in F-1 visa status.
- Assist with department-wide projects as needs dictate.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to use of college funds.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A deep understanding of the liberal arts
- Minimum five years experience in international admission with a record of increasing responsibility; seven years of experience, including supervisory experience, required for director level.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a passport, and be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- An appetite for continuous innovation and improvement and the inclination to approach work from a posture of possibility.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to contribute to a work environment that is welcoming to people from a diverse variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to recruiting a diverse student population.
- The ability to align the day-to-day work with strategic direction and priorities, and a demonstrated understanding that success is achieved through outstanding execution at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Availability for international travel and evening and/or weekend work.
- Strong familiarity with social media and mobile/web-based communication channels.
- Experience with recruitment/admissions CRM required; experience with Technolutions Slate a plus.
- Working knowledge of government regulations for the Student Exchange Visitors Information System (SEVIS).
- Ability and willingness to achieve results through sustainable means that serve Beloit well in both the short and long term.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.