Job Posting: Lead Graphic Designer
|Closing Date||Until Filled|
|Employment Type(s)||Full Time|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
The Lead Graphic Designer at Beloit College will lead design and creative services activity for the college, generating high-quality work to support the college’s academic mission, enrollment, and fundraising efforts. In addition to producing on-brand digital and print on behalf of the college and campus clients, additional projects include designing Beloit College Magazine, creating digital graphics for the web and social media, and templates for email newsletters and other marketing pieces. The designer will also oversee the college’s licensed products.
Our Mission: The Office of Communications and Marketing provides strategic leadership and creative services that directly advance the college’s strategic outcomes, strengthen the college’s national reputation, and connect the campus community, prospective students, alumni, and namesake city with Beloit College.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as college’s lead designer and creative, tackling a wide variety of projects and challenges for clients across campus.
- Set and enforce the college’s brand standards, seeking to portray the college’s quality through visuals that strongly connect with brand messaging.
- Work principally with clients in enrollment, advancement, and the President’s Office to design creative, visually appealing digital and print pieces for internal and external audiences.
- Provide design guidance to C&M colleagues and student staff where needed to fulfill the college’s photography, videography, and illustration needs.
- Oversee the college’s photographic library and manage digital assets so they are accessible to internal clients
- Work with Chief Communications and Marketing Officer and others to regularly evaluate and design campus banners and signage.
- Oversee the college’s licensing efforts (through appropriate vendors) and approve artwork for retail items bearing Beloit College’s licensed marks.
- With the College Editor, regularly evaluate printing and product options for campus clients, seeking new, cost-effective, and environmentally conscious options.
- Coordinate efforts to track client satisfaction as well as project/product outcomes.
- Lead creative meetings internally and with campus clients (and in partnership with account leads, where they exist).
- Utilize available resources as required to meet deadlines and delivery dates, while monitoring budget parameters.
- Prepare final art to required standards and back-up and save all resources in keeping with the college’s archival policies.
Credentials and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in art or communications, preferably in design, strongly preferred.
- Five to seven years of professional design experience required, with particular emphasis in digital execution, along with talent in print design.
- Art and photo direction experience.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred; willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.