Job Posting: Dispatcher / Mail Center Clerk
|Closing Date||Until Filled|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
This full-time position assists both the Security Department serving as a primary communications link between Beloit College and the public and the Mail Center in receiving, sorting and distributing US mail, packages, and campus mail.
Scheduled hours for this position vary and may include day, evening, late night, holidays and weekend hours.
Contacts include security officers, students, faculty, staff, city emergency services, and the general public. Communications are received and relayed through the use of oral and written communication, e-mail, telephone and two-way radio encoder systems.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a multi-line telephone system and routes incoming calls to appropriate departments or individuals.
- Researches and provides specific directory information to both internal and external inquirers, as required, in accordance with policy and procedure pertaining to the disclosure of directory information.
- Receives and responds to general requests for information from faculty, staff, students, and persons calling to inquire about departments, programs or events at Beloit College.
- Operates Security two-way radio communications system to dispatch officers as needed, and to request physical plant employees when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate dispatch records and the various logs for keys, vehicles, apartments, parking tickets, etc., that are kept in the Security office.
- Monitors intrusion and fire alarm detection systems.
- Provides general clerical support as needed, including but not limited to word processing and data entry.
- Receives, sorts and distributes U.S. mail and campus mail.
- Works Mail Center counter as needed assisting patrons by answering inquiries, weighing items, selling stamps, receiving and distributing letters and packages, etc.
- Drives to the U.S. post office and picks up mail.
- Operates postage machine and prepares outgoing mail for delivery to the U.S. Postal Service.
- Prepares packages for shipping with United Parcel Service, FedEx, etc.
- Directs the activity of student help in manager’s absence.
- Performs other routine duties as needed including mail forwarding, answering telephone inquiries, student box number identification and redistribution of incorrectly numbered mail, sorts and distributes mass mailings, opening and closing of student / staff boxes (as directed by manager).
Credentials and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, preferred.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.