Job Posting: Admissions Counselor
|Closing Date||until filled|
|Employment Type(s)||Full Time|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
Beloit College attracts talented students who are curious, creative, and purposeful. Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit College is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college dedicated to excellence in teaching, mentoring, practical application of classroom learning, global perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
The Admissions Office takes a data-informed, relationship-driven approach to recruiting and enrolling diverse and academically talented entering classes filled with students who contribute to and benefit from the mission and goals of the College.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Beloit College to prospective students, parents, high school counselors, community based organizations (CBOs), alumni, and the general public.
- Greet, interview, counsel, and recruit prospective students (and parents), in the office, virtually and in targeted geographic territories.
- Schedule and visit secondary schools, attend college days/nights, and college fairs in an assigned geographic area, and participate in virtual recruitment events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with inquiries and applicants through a variety of channels, including phone, email, text messages, and in-person and virtual events.
- Organize and host on and off-campus visits, receptions, and programs for prospective students and key influencers, such as school-based counselors and independent consultants.
- Collaborate with coaches in the effective recruitment of student-athletes.
- Read and evaluate applications.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to use of college funds.
- Assist with department-wide projects as needs dictate.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Commitment to the liberal arts and passion for Beloit College.
- Eagerness to work with diverse populations required; experience working with diverse populations preferred; Understanding of a liberal arts education required; direct experience of a liberal arts education preferred.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.