Job Posting: House Manager - President’s House
|Closing Date||Until filled|
|Employment Type(s)||Part Time|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
The President’s house functions as both a private residence as well as a place for college-related social events such as meetings, receptions, meals, and overnight guests. Because it is so often a center of activity, it must be well maintained and organized at all times.
The President’s House Manager schedule includes 20 hours per week Monday through Friday, plus regular weekend or evening hours.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements household organization and ensures that daily operations run smoothly.
- Performs tasks covering total care of the house interior including, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning inside windows, cleaning and waxing floors, cleaning woodwork, cupboards, drawers and closets, laundry and ironing, changing bed linens, polishing silver, brass and copper and sweeping patio.
- Responsible for facilitating repairs, house grounds maintenance and appearance, and upkeep through physical plant and grounds staff.
- Aids in establishing strong successful relationships with a wide range of people, internally and externally, to the campus.
- Coordinates with the President’s Office and the Director of Special Events to prepare for social events that take place in the house.
- Manages President’s House staff.
- Is willing and able to adhere to health safety guidelines established by the residents of the President’s house. This includes pandemic protocols which may be more restrictive than general college requirements.
- Performs other similarly related duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- Current or previous housekeeping and serving experience.
- Adept at using Google Work Space (Gmail and Google Drive) and Microsoft Offices (Word and Excel)
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below.