Facilities - Purchasing & Inventory Coordinator
Facilities personnel are essential contributors to campus operations as well as the residential teaching and learning experience at Beloit College. The Facilities Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator is a key role for the facilities organization and reports to the Director of Facilities. The incumbent is responsible for purchases of supplies, materials, and parts, ensuring facilities personnel have the products, materials, equipment and supplies they need to operate efficiently in ways that are aligned with established policies and standards. As part of the day-to-day activity, this role maintains knowledge of trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability; Develops and maintains inventory spreadsheets/databases for supplies and materials used. Performs regular cycle counts, and bi-annual inventory reports. In addition, the other key responsibility is the timely processing and triage of incoming work requests.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the quoting and purchasing process for the procurement of material goods and services for various campus projects, and/or repairs in accordance with college policy. As necessary,
- assists facilities leads with securing supplies, product information, quotes, and product forms,
- corresponds and negotiates with facilities vendors to ensure the college benefits from cost savings and that material goods meet college standards,
- assists facilities staff with locating campus inventory including tools, accessories and appropriate gear, and
- In coordination with the director, leads and office manager, ensures facilities has the appropriate amount of stock to meet customer needs, to avoid overstocking items as well as operate within budget.
- Informs purchases for facilities maintenance and housekeeping staff with campus building specifications and various MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing), equipment part specifications, using construction drawings and schedules, manufacturing contacts, and building history files to ensure system compatibility.
- Coordinates and receives orders, verifies orders, and re-stocks in various, decentralized parts storage locations.
- Maintains inventory data, pricing histories, and other vendor/purchasing records.
- Performs complete inventory checks of all stock and supplies twice a year.
- Identifies, analyzes and addresses gaps in inventory and processes.
- Receives, sorts, classifies, codes, logs, and tracks electronic and manual work requests as received from other departments or campus constituents; facilitates communication of work status between facilities staff and the individual or department making the request.
- Accurately enters, monitors, and maintains records for facilities inventory and investigates related problems; coordinates and initiates charge backs to other departments as necessary.
- Receives vendor deliveries and shipments, verifies accuracy of orders purchased, and contacts vendors as necessary to resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintains records of maintenance repair histories, material and equipment lists, specifications, and equipment changes in appropriate files for use by staff.
- Maintains warranty information for various building equipment and parts, and processes warranty claims following established procedures.
- Performs errands including pick up or delivery of supplies, materials, parts, or equipment to or from vendors using college vehicles.
- Serves as the primary person to answer the department phone (Facilities Office Manager Provides back-up).
- Coordinates with and provides back-up to Facilities Office Manager as assigned or required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Prior experience developing knowledge of building equipment, repairs, and materials.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time management skills; work overtime as needed to meet deadline
- Experience with purchasing and inventory control process.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and ability to learn other software relevant to duties; computer maintenance management system (CMMS) software experience required.
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions is required.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover and resume to link below.