Job Posting: Multi-Media Coordinator
|Closing Date||until filled|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
The multimedia communications coordinator will use video, still photography, and digital design to help powerfully and persuasively position Beloit before prospective students, their parents, and other key influencers. The coordinator will also be the College’s primary videographer of campus, community, and events to be used in marketing materials.
The Office of Communications and Marketing is the primary communications office of Beloit College. The office exercises editorial, messaging, and branding oversight for all official communications on and off campus for the multiple communications channels. The office serves all sectors of the campus community and is the communications liaison with alumni, the media, government, neighbors, and other area constituencies.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces engaging, clever, and culturally relevant digital content geared toward high school seniors, their parents and other key influencers.
- Maintains and operates video and photography equipment, edits select footage/shots, and stays up-to-date with all new technological advances.
- Stays abreast of popular video styles and formats, regularly reviews popular video content with an eye toward creating similar packages for use in recruitment efforts.
- Manages the Beloit College “Be a Beloiter” Instagram account and provides photography and short video clips to be used on other social media platforms in coordination with Social Media Manager and others.
- Mentors students in work study positions who have shown an interest and ability in creating innovative video content and photography.
- Creation of video montages for use on the college’s home web pages.
- Attend regularly occurring department and enrollment team meetings.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in the field or in a related area, preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred; willingness to work with diverse populations required.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter and resume.