Job Posting: H.V.A.C Mechanic
|Closing Date||Until Filled|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, perform skilled work in the installation, repair and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and systems; determine and schedule preventative maintenance schedule.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, diagnose, inspect, repair, maintain and service a wide variety of heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and systems.
- Operate specialized equipment, tools and testing devices utilized in the repair and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Determine requirements for parts, materials, supplies, tools and equipment; check and test new equipment.
- Read and interpret work from construction drawings, specifications, shop drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to read operation and repair manuals for HVAC systems.
- Maintain all operational logs and readings pertinent to the boiler and chiller plants.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot all HVAC equipment and components.
- Perform scheduled and on-going maintenance projects and report interim progress and final completion to supervisor.
- Make immediate on-site adjustments or repairs whenever possible.
- Documentation of maintenance deficiencies and completed work into the School Dude maintenance management system.
- Maintain tools, equipment and supplies in a safe and orderly condition.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team environment.
- Assist with all duties assigned by supervisor lead.
Credentials and Experience:
- Well-rounded refrigeration and air conditioning experience.
- Graduate of a formal apprenticeship program or equivalent required
- EPA Certification for reclaim and recovery of refrigerants.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard practices of the HVAC trade and theory of HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, ordinance and regulations of State and local authorities pertaining to HVAC.
- Ability to operate manual and electrical tools and equipment applicable to the HVAC trade.
- Knowledge of welding and brazing techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Ability to use an IPad, hand-held radio, and assigned vehicle.
- Team player committed to institutional and departmental priorities, able to collaborate effectively.
- Must be reliable and hold a sense of urgency for established timelines.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use MS Outlook or equivalent email software
- Good communication skills.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Must participate in rotational on-call schedule.
- Occasional mandatory overtime.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. driver’s license and be insurable under College guidelines.
- Must undergo a criminal background check in accordance with College policy
- The physical demands of this position will include:
- Ability to lift 75 pounds, 50 pounds frequently and independently.
- Ability to perform bending squatting, twisting, crawling, and climbing.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and freely traverse campus.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders up to 30 feet.
- Visual ability to safely and effectively operate equipment.
- Hearing and speaking abilities to effectively communicate through earpiece and in person.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.