“The combination of curiosity about every subject’s background and the willingness to take on challenges that Beloit has instilled in me helped pave the way to my Finance and Consulting career pathway.” - Karla Figueroa’12
A Consultant is responsible for providing industry expertise to corporations and individuals. Their duties include researching their client and their client’s position within an industry, meeting with company executives or professionals to make suggestions and develop improvement plans based on their needs and maintaining a professional relationship with their clients over time.
Facts & Figures
Figures taken from GlassDoor and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Number of Jobs in 2020: 907,600
Job outlook: 14% (2020-2030)
Starting salary: $66,471/yr
Mid-career salary: $91,132/yr
Typical Entry-Level Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Charismatic and Sociable
- Strong Work Ethic
- Active Listening
Technical Skills & Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or a related field is encouraged, but not required
- Master degree recommended
How to Get Started
- Take Beloit College courses in:
- Accounting and Finance
- The Arts of Leading
- Life & Financial Planning
- Navigating Your (Business) Career
- Talk with your advisor and Economics & Business faculty:
- Connect with Beloit Alumni in consulting careers.
Visit Career Works.