To provide professional, organized, and efficient communications for the Beloit College Education Department.
This is a part-time student worker position, averaging 10 hours per week. Most hours will be during the week while the office is open, but some hours may fall on the weekend special events.
a. Serve as the departments communications coordinator, safeguarding and maintaining how the department is portrayed through communication pieces including print, email, social media, web, and video. Ensure each piece is effective and supports the mission of the department.
b. Work with the department to present a consistent flow of information via announcements, lobby displays, postal mail, email, and social media.
c. Produce regular updates using articles about students, alumni, college, and community organizations and opportunities as a communication tool as well as prepare brochures, flyers, etc. upon request.
d. Maintain the department website, designing and updating information as needed.
e. Maintain a consistent social media presence with posts on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube(when applicable).
f. Design promotional materials for events as needed.
a. Provide administrative assistance to faculty and staff
b. copy, scan, check mail as needed
c. Facilitate special projects and events, in cooperation with department
d. Oversee work on the department calendar and database.
e. Help maintain bulletin boards and EDYS resource room.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. Willing to support and implement the mission and objectives of the EDYS department.
2. Must be a high-capacity, intuitive self-starter who has excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrates an attention to details.
3. Must be skilled in project management and problem resolution.
4. Possess skills in graphic design, web design, and social media communication.
5. Communications and management experience preferred.
6. Must demonstrate good leadership, management, and people skills.
7. Must demonstrate a high level of sensitivity, independent work skills, and confidentiality.
Number of Positions Available
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
How To Apply
Submit resume, one reference, and portfolio of relevent work if possible to Contact via Email.