Health and Wellness Center Office Coordinator
The Beloit College Health and Wellness Center provides support for the overall wellbeing of Beloit College students.
Our mission is to help each student participate successfully in the academic and co-curricular opportunities at Beloit College by achieving maximum physical and emotional health.
The health and wellness center is committed to offering high quality primary care, counseling and health education by trust based, caring, affordable and accessible services. All of our services are available in a nonjudgmental environment and are sensitive to the diversity of our students and campus.
Our guiding principles are:
- Increase student accessibility, inclusivity and trust in the health center services and staff
- Be developmentally dynamic and responsive to current student needs
- Assist in creating new and strengthening existing institutional connections and collaborations
- Foster new opportunities to weave learning about health and well-being into curricular and co-curricular spaces
- Partner with faculty, staff and other students and student groups to support student mental and physical health needs
- Educate students about navigating health care and their well-being beyond Beloit College
The Health and Wellness Center Office Coordinator is responsible for the organization of all Health Center, wellness, and counseling work activities. This person is highly organized and internally motivated to improve processes as appropriate. The Health and Wellness Center Office Coordinator needs to be patient and willing to learn as a continuous process as our student body and their needs change.
The Health and Wellness Center Office Coordinator works closely with the Health and Wellness Center Director, counseling staff and health center staff. This person will work regularly with students dealing with sensitive mental and physical health issues. Discretion and maturity are essential to this role.
The Health and Wellness Center Office Coordinator will convey a professional, welcoming, and service oriented attitude to all guests visiting the Health and Wellness Center. A willingness to be helpful at all times and to educate students on processes and procedures as necessary.
The Health and Wellness Center Office Coordinator must have or possess the interest in developing strong cultural competency skills to treat all students entering the Health and Wellness center with respect and interest in understanding their health care beliefs or attitudes.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Welcome and Reception
- Greets and welcomes visitors to the Center, receives phone calls and takes messages for staff.
- Warmly receives students as they arrive in the office and assist them with scheduling appointments or accessing information.
- Assists students in making off campus appointments and arranges transportation when necessary.
- Manages student employees as needed and, ensures they are adequately trained for doing the work and patiently assists and teaches them.
- Warmly and professionally helps students in immediate medical or mental health crisis, as needed, until appropriate staff is available.
- Maintains a flexible schedule and takes the lead on working the Health and Wellness Center evening hours as needed during the academic year.
- Prepares letters, memoranda, reports, etc., for Center staff.
- Assures mail is picked up from Mail Center for the Center.
- Prepares and maintains all patient files for Health and Wellness staff.
- Assists with paperwork for HWC director, providers, nurses and counselors.
- Files visit notes, lab results, incident reports and other patient specific paperwork in the appropriate charts.
- Issues equipment such as canes, crutches, heating pads. Keeps a log of borrowed items and contacts students to return them.
- Assists in the advertising and planning of regular Health and Wellness events, Flu Immunization Clinic, and other campus wellness promotions.
- Assists with tracking, follow-up and management of student compliance regarding required vaccinations and forms.
- Coordinates with outside clinics and hospitals to receive confidential records for continuity of care.
- Assists director with tracking and record keeping of annual budget, prepares invoices for payment.
- Assists staff as requested.
- Takes the lead in keeping of Health Center statistics.
- Takes the lead on keeping HWC and counseling center contact and hours information up to date on signage, website, phone messages and to campus, in general.
- Completes final review of charts to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to filing
- Update and create Health Center forms as necessary and appropriate.
- Coordinates office activities as needed or requested.
- Takes the lead in ordering and organization of office and clinic supplies with director supervision and approval.
- Serve as Emergency Building Coordinator and attend trainings as required.
- Takes the lead on making student appointments, managing provider schedule, counseling schedules and student employees schedule at the reception desk.
- Effectively communicates to all necessary people when there are changes in the regular, expected calendar.
- Updates calendar, as needed to reflect changes in schedules or staffing.
- Sends all campus emails as needed to inform campus of schedule or hours changes.
Credentials and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Comfort, familiarity or experience with working in a medical/mental health clinic.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application materials required are resume and cover letter.