Executive Assistant & Purchasing Specialist
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance & Planning/Treasurer, the Executive Assistant & Purchasing Specialist will oversee and coordinate the purchasing cycle and cost savings activities for the Beloit College community. This requires an understanding of and the ability to independently apply the college’s purchasing procedures and policies for ongoing operations and projects. Acts as initial contact for the College community regarding the electronic processing of purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
Provides executive administrative support such as coordinating and maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, arranging for meeting logistics, preparing agendas and gathering background materials, arranging and managing travel and related itineraries, serving as a primary point of contact and providing excellent customer service. Manages projects as assigned. Manages own work load independently. Demonstrates a high level of competence and professionalism including excellent written and verbal communication skills. At times, works as a proxy for the vice president.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine appropriate course of action and/or procurement methodology, including but not limited to competitive bids, sole source acquisitions, request for bid proposals, or direct negotiations.
- Conduct research for new sources of supply; locate and contact vendors and suppliers.
- Perform market analysis and customer needs assessment studies to identify new contracting possibilities.
- Review purchase requisitions, verifying that the appropriate documentation and approvals have been submitted.
- Administer purchase orders to include obtaining vendor quotes, purchase order generation, distribution, and the reconciliation of outstanding purchase orders.
- Maintain accuracy of the Purchasing Module and update as necessary, including processing new and updating current vendors.
- Develop, administer, and communicate to campus community on procurement systems policies and procedures.
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate documentation on purchase orders for payment.
- Serve as liaison between vendors and customers.
- Administers Corporate Card Program.
- Serves as key contact for inquiries from faculty, staff, students, and others relating to the vice president for finance and planning’s areas of responsibility; responds to inquires or refer questions, requests, and concerns to other staff members as appropriate.
- Answers/routes phone calls, manages calendars, coordinates schedules, makes appointments, arranges meetings and events, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities.
- Responds to correspondence when appropriate; drafts letters and memoranda for the vice president’s signature.
- Create, produce and distribute of ad hoc reports, documents and presentations.
- Assists VPFP and Committee Chair(s) with drafting agendas and supporting documents for three Board of Trustees committees including: Financial Asset Management, Budget & Planning, and Audit & Risk Management; serves as recorder for those committees. Responds to requests from trustees regarding any issues within the division.
- Responsible for the preparation of official Board of Trustee Committee meeting minutes for assigned committees to accurately reflect the actions and intentions of the Committee(s) and ensure all-important issues are moved, seconded and carried.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and searchable committee meeting record archives.
- Creates and maintains records and files for vice president’s office and trustee committees.
- Creates and maintains records and files relating to bond issues and powerhouse tax credits. Assists with the preparing compliance documents and ensuring timely submission to various creditors.
Credentials and Experience:
- Associates degree in business, or equivalent experience (3+ years) in providing administrative support in a finance related area.
- Experience in preparation of official minutes and note taking strongly preferred.
- Experience working with purchasing software.
- Exceptional math and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Reuired materials include cover lettere and resume.