“Be willing to learn, constantly learn, and re-learn.” - Sian Cunningham’16
Market research analysts perform research and gather data to help a company market its products or services. They gather data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs, buying habits and evaluate them using statistical techniques and software. Their aim is to interpret what the data means for their clients and forecast future trends. They often make charts, graphs, and other visual aids to present the results of their research.
Facts & Figures
Figures taken from Forbes, GlassDoor, PayScale, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Number of Jobs in 2020: 740,900
Job outlook: 22% (2020-2030)
Starting salary: $70,079/yr
Mid-career salary: $84,236/yr
Typical Entry-Level Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Capability to cope with fast-paced and pressured work
- Strong attention to detail and a strong analytical mind
- Ability to notice patterns within
How to Get Started
- Connect with Beloit Alumni in market research careers.
- Pursue internship in market research.
- Join Belmark Associates (student-run market research firm under CELEB).
- Take Beloit College courses in quantitative and qualitative research methods (e.g. Marketing Research Workshop).
- Talk with your advisor and Economics & Business faculty:
Visit Career Works.