Writer and EditorPronouns: she/her/hers Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 608-363-2476 Office: Communications & Integrated Marketing
Meg is a Beloiter through and through. While she was a student, she held work study positions writing in the communications office and conducting research projects in the library archives, sang in the a cappella group Bits & Pieces, edited the Beloit Fiction Journal, was an orientation leader and teaching assistant, and had a radio show on 90.3 WBCR. She also worked a few summers at a historic farm in her hometown of Raleigh, NC, where she wrangled 9-year-olds and the property’s six sweet goats with equal gusto.
Just weeks after she graduated with majors in literary studies and creative writing and a minor in history, she joined Beloit’s communications and marketing team. The best part of her job is writing stories about the (other) amazing Beloiters she meets.
Talk to Meg about: studying abroad during a pandemic, 20th century literature, Beloit faculty, staff, or students to feature, and Beloit College history.
Fun fact: She has a 7-year-old black goldendoodle named Ziva who she still affectionately calls her baby, even though she’s objectively middle-aged.
Stories Written on Beloit.edu
- How to get published in college: A Q&A with Sydney Moses’25 (Apr 4, 2023)
- “O My Floating Life”: In Search of the Elusive Wisconsin Poet Lorine Niedecker’26 (Apr 1, 2023)
- Creating spaces for representation (Dec 21, 2022)
- Artificial intelligence for a better world (Nov 15, 2022)
- Kindred spirits across five decades (Nov 14, 2022)