Department Coordinator - Career Works and Global and Immersive Learning
The Administrative Coordinator is a 12-month position that provides support services for the professional and student staff members in two departments at Beloit College: the career center and the global immersive learning center. These two departments are key components of the college’s strategic plan for developing global learners who are ready to embark upon their careers. This role interacts with students who are engaged in their academic, professional, and personal development. Finally, the Administrative Coordinator connects professional staff with other college departments, including Development & Alumni Relations, Admissions, and Student Affairs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to an inclusive and equitable environment for all students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
- Support a large staff of student workers by scheduling shifts, approving time cards, training on office reception, and answering general questions.
- Perform office management duties including answering phones, scheduling appointments, managing three office email accounts, and maintaining office supplementary materials, equipment, and facilities.
- Update and maintain the departments’ websites, social media accounts, office manuals, and policies and procedures information.
- Track multiple budgets for two offices. Coordinate payment requisitions for study abroad, summer funding, and other programs.
- Manage the logistics for events, including large annual events as well as regular workshops and student events throughout the calendar year.
- Work with students to complete applications for study abroad and summer funding programs. Follow up with students to fulfill deadlines and complete paperwork for study abroad, summer funding, and summer programs.
- Assist students and faculty of summer courses and programs by compiling paperwork, coordinating clerical duties with faculty, and managing due dates and assignments with students.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- High school diploma; some college in a related field desirable.
- Previous office management experience and/or experience in higher education.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.