Director of Web Communications
The Director of Web Communications is responsible for leading Beloit College’s content production, including developing strategy and designing, implementing, and managing the college’s website (Beloit.edu) to achieve the College’s strategic goals.
The Director of Web Communications will lead content strategy and production efforts across C&M, and coordinate with enrollment marketing, media relations and social media professionals to align and amplify the College’s communications resources. This position requires a strategic thinker and storyteller who can lead the content strategy and contribute creative skill and experience to a multidisciplinary, comprehensive, and continually evolving communications infrastructure. The Director also will develop strategies to track web analytics and ensure compliance with college branding guidelines and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Use excellent judgment to develop the College’s content production strategy in alignment with Beloit’s strategic initiatives, including the Beloit Action Plan, and Anti-racism Initiative.
- Coordinate efforts with enrollment marketing, media relations and social media professionals to amplify the College’s communications resources, including creating an editorial calendar to accelerate Beloit initiatives
- Edit, write and assign web page copy.
- Working with web developer, lead the strategy to assist college departments to manage web page content updates in accordance with Beloit brand standards.
- Act as website product owner in collaboration with the CCO and web developer to develop and implement web content policies
- Lead strategy to track content performance using analytics to guide marketing, media relations and digital media decisions.
- In partnership with web developer, communicate web content publishing guidelines and standards to the college community.
- Collaborate on web content development projects (including, but not limited to, copy, photography and video).
- Other duties as assigned by CCO.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience, including leading a web communications team in higher education, a non-profit or a media operation.
- Prior experience in a higher education setting desirable but not required.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.