Women’s Lacrosse Head Coach
Beloit College seeks to create learning environments, both in and out of the classroom, where students are encouraged to achieve their full intellectual, social, and athletic potential. Within a college empowering students to “…lead fulfilling lives marked by high achievement…”, the department of Athletics seeks to provide athletic experiences that are defined by excellence in the areas of skill development, leadership, and achievement on the field and in the classroom. Through varsity, intramural, club sports and recreational activities, Beloit College’s Department of Athletics offers a full array of athletic opportunities to the College’s 1,200 students, approximately 40% of whom are varsity student-athletes.
The College is seeking candidates for this position who can demonstrate a record of success in coaching lacrosse and recruiting student-athletes at the collegiate level. Successful coaches at Beloit College recruit, coach, and mentor students who seek development through active involvement in our diverse and dynamic campus, so that their education and success on the field are mutually reinforcing. Candidates must demonstrate capacity to successfully recruit academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in partnership with the Beloit College Enrollment Office.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Coaching and mentoring (35%)
- Build strong, positive relationships to effectively mentor and teach students.
- Teach students the skills needed to work with others, to be effective leaders, and to manage their time to achieve success in the classroom and in athletics.
- Responsible for all preparation and teaching for all practices and competitions.
- Establish appropriate codes of behavior for all team functions including all practices and competitions.
- Mentor students through regular meetings to enhance their academic performance.
- Work with students to establish individual and team goals for each season.
- Effectively manage and mentor all assistant coaches.
- Collaborate with colleagues in enrollment and athletics on complementary student recruitment approaches.
- Communicate with prospective students and their influencers about Beloit as a college search option through a wide variety of contact channels, including email, texting, phone calls, and social media.
- Develop a sense of rapport with prospective audiences.
- Recruit student-athletes in alignment with the goals and methods of Beloit’s enrollment office, and in accordance with NCAA and NACC rules and regulations.
- Attend high school games, showcases, camps, and other recruiting events.
- Meet with prospective students and families during open houses, daily campus visits, and off campus receptions.
Campus involvement and administrative duties (15%)
- Be an active member of the Beloit College community.
- Be actively involved in the College’s efforts to become an anti-racist institution in each of the primary functions of coaching, mentoring, recruiting, and involvement throughout campus.
- Represent sports programs to various institutional constituencies as well as students, parents, the general public, and external agencies.
- Practice responsible fiscal management.
- Coordinate all post-season awards and banquets.
- Responsible for inventory and management of all equipment and uniforms.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous coaching experience required.
- A minimum of 6 years lacrosse coaching or playing experience (or a combination of the two) is required.
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software; ability to learn other software relevant to duties.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. Please no walk-ins, drop-offs, or phone calls.