Enrollment Communications Manager
Beloit College, known for its innovative and student-centered approach to education, seeks a Manager of Enrollment Communications to play a key role in meeting the college’s enrollment goals. The manager will join Beloit as it sets new standards for innovation in higher education, generating national attention for its Beloit Action Plan, a set of academic, social, and financial support systems that put our ideals to work in new ways for our students.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the work of the enrollment communications team in developing enrollment-related print and digital communications.
- Serve as the key liaison between the Office of Admissions and the Office of Communications and Marketing, aligning enrollment communications with other college PR and communications efforts.
- Oversee the development, execution, evaluation, and evolution of the enrollment communications plan, including print, email, web, digital marketing and social media.
- Use analytics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of digital advertising, social media, and the web, and to make recommendations internally and to third parties.
- Guide and support the admission team on personalized outreach to complement the communication plans.
- Initiate, collaborate in, or help to coordinate other initiatives as directed by the enrollment and communications leadership.
Skills, Experience, and Credentials
- A broad, deep, and nuanced understanding of the admission cycle and admission audiences, including prospective students, parents, school-based counselors, CBO representatives, and independent consultants.
- An understanding of both the relational and the transactional communications involved in student recruitment.
- Exceptional writing ability, including the ability to adapt voice to different audiences and to write for others in their own voices.
- The ability to bring creative ideas to the table, to learn from and embrace the ideas of others, and to receive feedback.
- Knowledge of digital marketing, social media, and web optimization; and be able to move multiple projects forward simultaneously.
- Strong organizational ability and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A bachelor’s degree is required, along with five or more years experience in student recruitment and/or communications management in higher education, secondary education, or the corporate or non-profit sectors.
- Experience at one or more liberal arts colleges, with NCAA Division III recruitment, and with Technolutions Slate are distinct plusses.
The successful candidate will also bring an instinct for collaboration; the ability to work effectively with a variety of professional, support, and student staff members; an imaginative approach to problem solving; a sophisticated and nuanced understanding of diversity, along with insight into the advantages and barriers faced by students from different backgrounds; and a deep commitment to the liberal arts and sciences. The ability to plan and to pivot, the inclination to approach work from a posture of possibility, and the ability to embrace change and ambiguity with a sense of humor will also serve a candidate well.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ lives and education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and who will be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit College attracts students from across the United States and around the world. A Beloit education is interdisciplinary, international, and intentional, emphasizing innovative teaching and practical application. Through every aspect of their college experience, Beloit students prepare for flourishing lives and careers by becoming effective communicators, productive collaborators, and creative problem solvers, and developing personal and professional agility. Beloit is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives. More information about Beloit College can be found at www.beloit.edu.
How to Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to BCenrollment20@beloit.edu
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.