Job Posting: Coughy Haus Manager
|Closing Date||until filled|
|Location||Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511|
The Coughy Haus (C-Haus) Manager serves as a professional staff member in the Student Life Division and is responsible for managing all facets of the operation of the C-Haus. As a member of the Division of Student Life, the manager participates and attends staff meetings and activities and contributes to the functions and goals of the division and institution by offering learning opportunities for students and fostering an environment that engages intelligence, imagination, and entrepreneurship. The manager will work in concert with other student life staff to manage all service components of the C-Haus and will coordinate use of business systems to manage food revenue/expenditures and pricing.
This is a full-time, 10 month position with a live-in apartment provided. 40 hours per week with an hourly rate. Time worked is usually from the end of July to the end of May.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of and programming for the C-Haus; maintains a presence in the bar area and on duty during all service hours.
- Hires, trains and supervises all student servers and employees.
- Adheres to all state laws regarding sales, consumption, storage and disposal of alcoholic beverages. Establishes an effective system of ID checking and supervises alcohol servers in proper sales of alcoholic beverages. Carries agent’s license for premises and food license and maintains server’s license.
- Works in partnership with Bon Appetit, when appropriate, for ordering, stocking and maintaining an adequate supply of food, beverage and supply items. Shops as needed for necessary non-deliverable items. Determines and maintains food service menu items, prices, specials, advertisements and hours in conjunction with Bon Appetit. Maintains all health code requirements.
- Participates in food handling safety training as facilitated by Bon Appetit.
- Follows all established cash handling and accounting procedures as outlined by the Beloit College Accounting Office and Bon Appetit.
- Coordinates necessary maintenance and repair functions, as well as monitors the facility for safety, health and security related issues. Develops a working relationship with Physical Plant, Housekeeping and Security departments.
- Coordinates regular staff meetings with agenda for employees; develops a collaborative team and an effective and cohesive employee staff.
- Advises students in all aspects of programming, contracting entertainment, processing performer honoraria, rental of equipment, and sufficient advertising. Serves as advisor to C-Haus Programming Committee, which includes attendance at all Programming Committee meetings and management of all performer contracts. Advises other groups as assigned.
- Maintains programming schedule of events and adjusts supplies and stock in coordination with programming schedule.
- Sends a representative to the COO Assembly meeting of the Beloit Student Government.
- Provides an update on issues and a financial plan once per semester to the Beloit Student Government Budget Committee and General Assembly.
- Meets weekly with the SEAL Director to have contracts signed.
- Coordinates a contracting workshop with the Director of SEAL, all active student clubs/orgs, and the C-Haus Programming Committee at the start of each semester. Coordinates efforts with Student Activities and other departments as appropriate.
- Contribute to Powerhouse evening supervision by serving as a building supervisor as needed.
- Submits annual operating and programming budget requests through the Beloit Student Government Budget process. Completes occasional requested and annual budget reports and reviews them with the SEAL Director. Implements necessary action plans to meet annual financial goals.
- Monitors the C-Haus during large events and special holidays or activities, including but not limited to: Homecoming and alumni receptions, senior party and sponsored parties.
- Ensures supervision of C-Haus during band practice times.
- Coordinates or conducts event related setups, including but not limited to: sound system, technical needs, operation needs, etc.
- Assists in campus efforts to educate students about alcohol use/abuse and refers all students in crisis to appropriate counseling/resources.
- Communicates with supervisors on an ongoing basis with regard to concerns and campus issues and immediately with regard to critical or emergency situations.
- Becomes an active member of the campus community.
- Develops strong working relationships with the Director of Student Engagement and Leadership, the Associate Dean for Recreation, Wellness and Engagement, the Beloit Student Government Budget Committee and COO Assembly Leadership, and other Student Life staff and students.
- Performs other similarly related duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have or be able to aquire an alchohol server license in Wisconsin.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references.