Office Manager/Dispatch Coordinator
The Office Manager/Dispatch Coordinator position performs complex administrative work dealing with a wide variety of situations involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office and requires a high degree of individual judgment and initiative with minimal instruction or supervision. The ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, faculty, and other staff is essential.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the ongoing functional activities of the department dispatch operation including the scheduling and training of all dispatch personnel. Operates and trains dispatchers on how to operate the Emergency Alert (Rave) System.
- Functions as the primary contact with dispatchers for all activities, questions and concerns related to the dispatch operation. Assists the Director in the personnel evaluation process by providing preliminary performance information on dispatch effectiveness. Monitors and reviews dispatch logs daily.
- Processes, distributes and files incident reports and dispatch log records. Tracks and records statistical information for reports. Maintains backup report and dispatch log records.
- Monitor, review, track, and reconcile department expenditures and budgets including preparation of invoices, credit card statements, and requisitions for payments following accounting policies and procedures, resolving any discrepancies.
- Maintains daily police / security crime log as required by the 1999 and 2008 amendments to the Clery Act.
- Compiles data to meet federally mandated campus crime reporting act requirements.
- Maintains accurate telephone/extension listings and emergency notification files.
- Prepares and maintains all records pertaining to fleet operations, including requisitions, scheduling requests, maintenance and repair schedules, gasoline credit cards, vehicle mileage, and student driver authorizations. Maintains college vehicle registration records for faculty, staff and students.
- Prepares various reports and inspection records for monthly, semi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual distribution. Reports include: fleet billings, incident report summaries, residential life key box summaries, student key issuance reports, inspection. Records include: handrails, exit lights, fire extinguishers, exterior lighting, emergency lighting packs, smoke detector batteries, room and window checks, temperature checks, SPCC inspection, AED inspection, emergency telephone survey, etc. Schedules and assigns these completion dates with officers.
- Maintains the departmental website and updates as needed.
- Updates approved S.O.P. and organizational manuals for the security department.
- Maintains files on room reservations, special event schedules and key checkout records.
- Maintains academic and residential key control and door indexes, and issuance lists.
- Prepares requisitions, vouchers, work requests, correspondence and provides general clerical support.
- Inventories and orders office supplies, forms, etc. as necessary.
- Receives telephone calls for security and dispatches appropriate message or personnel.
- Functions as the college information center for on-campus telecommunications.
- Monitors intrusion and fire alarm systems, parking lot camera and the C-Cure system for card access.
- Dispatches officers, physical plant employees, emergency services and other support services as needed via two-way radio communications system.
- Other similarly related duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- Two-year degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous office manager and budget experience.
- Strong proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office software required.
- Proficiency with the use of computers, technology and various application software programs required.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
How to Apply
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references electronically to: BCsecoffice2020@beloit.edu