Residence Life Coordinator
Seeking Residence Life Coordinator candidates to supervise resident assistants and to foster a safe, inclusive, and an engaged residential living experience for a residential college. This is a 11 month position. Responsibilities include:
- Supervising 10-17 RAs for a cluster of residential areas including first year residence halls, upper class living, and special interest houses.
- Working collaboratively on community development and programming, crisis management, conduct, conflict mediation, and counseling.
- Lead with fellow residence life team RA training, RA selection, and hall opening/closing.
- Working on a collateral assignment. The collateral assignments include Greek life, campus events support, sustained dialogue advising, and/or Title IX investigations.
- Serve in an on-call rotation for emergency management
- Work with a variety of housing stakeholders and staff during summer operations.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in student affairs or counseling preferred along with previous residence hall, and/or student leadership experience .
Competitive salary and benefits package; furnished apartment, full meal plan when dining area is open; domestic partners welcome; parking space near apartment; small approved pets allowed; laptop for profession use and professional development opportunities.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references electronically to:BCRLC2020@beloit.edu