Technology Support Specialist
Working within an environment that is dynamic, positive, innovative, and
responsive, the Beloit College Library & Information Technology Services (LITS) department provides high quality access to information services and technology
resources. LITS is committed to providing leadership and services that enable
students, faculty, and staff to creatively and productively enhance the College’s
academic, administrative, and co-curricular environments. This full-time position
reports to the Manager of Services & Support and is responsible for providing hardware and software support to faculty, staff, and students. Beyond the skills required to adequately support technology on campus this person must exemplify excellent customer support skills.
- Ensures that all College-owned computers, printers, multimedia and
supporting equipment are operational to maximum efficiency, identifies
problem trends and provides on-site response to resolve equipment and
system issues in offices, departments, computer labs, classrooms and
- Applies superior Apple (MacOS and iOS) knowledge and expertise in
troubleshooting and break/fix and work with the vendor to resolve
complex problems and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Consults with faculty and staff in order to recommend and implement
effective technology to meet needs consistent with the College’s
computing systems, procedures and resources.
- Confers with hardware and software vendors to resolve installation,
configuration and operational problems and gathers quotations for
computer equipment and peripherals.
- Develops and deploys computer images using appropriate tools and
- Delivers great customer service while provides direct technical assistance
to students, faculty and staff and actively using strong communication
skills to explain technology solutions in an easy to understand manner.
- Develops, maintains and distributes documentation explaining use and
operation of technology-related equipment and provides training to
individuals and small groups
- Keeps current on Apple and computer product changes or new product
launches; proactively identifies potential problems with OS upgrades or
other compatibility issues.
- Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision while consulting
with colleagues as needed and being accountable for results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3-5 year experience
- Apple certifications preferred.
- Prior work in an academic environment with experience supporting
computers and peripherals preferred
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and
vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit
College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our
aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and
accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively
contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and
be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested
individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago,
Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students
from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence
in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international
perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is
recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position
is filled. Send an electronic version of a letter of application, resume, and a list
of three references to: BCTechSupport2020@beloit.edu.