Academic Records Assistant
The Registrar’s Office is a core service provider within the College. The office staff serve current and prospective students, their parents, staff, faculty, and alumni/ae. The ability to communicate effectively is key to success in this position. Staff in the office need to have a clear understanding of the mission of the College to educate the whole student and of their responsibility to work efficiently and with the highest degree of integrity.
This position serves as administrative support for the Registrar’s Office. Primary responsibilities include processing of transcript requests and enrollment verifications, registration-related duties, other student data maintenance, reporting, and serving as the initial point of contact for walk-in customers, for the departmental email account, and for phone inquiries.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process transcript requests and related correspondence.
- Process enrollment verifications.
- Assist with verifying and updating demographic and advance credit information for new students.
- Assist with updating student address and demographic information for all degree-seeking and non-degree students.
- Assist with the preparation of student records for their storage in the Alumni Relations Office.
- Maintain student records and related documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in the ad-hoc scheduling of classrooms throughout the year.
- Assist with processing and maintaining transcript comments.
- Answer the phone and manage the departmental email account by providing information or referring to appropriate staff.
- Assist in the training and supervision of work-study students.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous office manager experience.
- Strong proficiency with Google Apps for Education and Microsoft Office suite required.
- Prior experience with and demonstrated understanding of Jenzabar or other proprietary relational database required.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
How to Apply
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references electronically to: BCrecordsasst2020@beloit.edu