Football Assistant Coach - Defense, Special Teams, Strength and Conditioning
Beloit College is seeking candidates who can demonstrate a record of success in coaching football and recruiting student-athletes at the collegiate level. Successful coaches at Beloit College recruit, coach, and mentor students who seek development through active involvement in our diverse and dynamic campus, so that their education and success on the football field are mutually reinforcing. Candidates must demonstrate capacity to successfully recruit academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in partnership with the Beloit College Enrollment Office.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Build strong, positive relationships to effectively mentor and teach students.
- Teach students the skills needed to work with others, to be effective leaders, and to manage their time to achieve success in the classroom and in athletics.
- Be actively involved in the College’s efforts to become an anti-racist institution in each of the primary functions of mentoring, recruiting, and involvement throughout campus.
- Assist with the preparation, administration, and teaching for all practices and competitions.
- Mentor students through regular meetings to enhance their academic performance.
- Work with students to establish individual and team goals for each season
- Create an engaging and dynamic strength and conditioning program and assist in the teaching and implementation of this plan.
- Working with the Head Coach, establish appropriate codes of behavior for all team functions including all practices and competitions.
- Be an active member of the Beloit College community.
- Practice responsible fiscal management.
- Assist in coordinating post-season awards and banquets.
- Collaborate with colleagues in enrollment and athletics on complementary student recruitment approaches.
- Communicate with prospective students and their influencers about Beloit as a college search option through a wide variety of contact channels, including email, texting, phone calls, and social media.
- Recruit student-athletes in alignment with the goals and methods of Beloit’s enrollment office, and in accordance with NCAA and MWC rules and regulations.
- Attend high school games, showcases, camps, and other recruiting events.
- Meet with prospective students and families during open houses, daily campus visits, and off campus receptions. Campus involvement and administrative duties (15%)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of 6 years football coaching or playing experience (or a combination of the two) is required.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please electronically submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to BCAsstFootball2020@beloit.edu.