Office Manager - Powerhouse
The Powerhouse is a uniquely integrated student union, recreation center, and athletics facility for Beloit College students, faculty, staff, and the greater Beloit community. The Powerhouse administrative offices will serve as the business and operational headquarters for most of the programs and services provided through the Powerhouse. The Powerhouse Office Manager is responsible for assisting with the day to day operations of the administrative office and providing direct support to the professional staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director of Recreation and Activity, the Director of Student Engagement and Leadership, and the Assistant Director of Recreation.
- Welcomes office visitors by greeting them, in person or on the phone, and answering or referring inquiries.
- Manage the office calendar as well as assist with calendar support for other professional staff members.
- Provide budget management support for the Powerhouse operations, Office of Student Engagement and Leadership, and student clubs and organizations for both expenses and revenue. This includes working with the Financial Services Office.
- Facilitate paperwork including processing invoices, contract management, liability waiver management, or other paperwork as needed.
- Oversee the facility reservations of all spaces including the management of the reservation software module.
- Maintain all filing systems for operations.
- Compile daily, weekly, and monthly user statistics and other KPI data sets to assist the creation Executive Director with Annual Impact Report.
- Assist with inventory management of equipment rental program.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies, storage areas, and technology.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of events.
- Oversee key distribution, including requesting keys from security, inventory, distribution and collection.
- Work with all student workers and professional staff in the Powerhouse.
- Work collaboratively and supportively with other Student Life Offices.
- Participate as an active, creative, positive team member with all work groups.
- Update various departmental websites as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years relevant experience preferred.
- Strong computer knowledge including Microsoft Office or Google Suite preferred.
- Budget management experience preferred.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references electronically to: BCPHOffice2019@beloit.edu