Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for building lasting relationships and the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of approximately 50 individual donor prospects who are considered to have the potential of making significant gifts ($25,000 and above) to Beloit College. The Director reports directly to the Executive Director for Development & Operations and works closely with staff and volunteers to identify donor prospects and fulfill their interests in engaging with Beloit.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a dynamic personal portfolio of approximately 50 qualified major gift prospects with a goal of obtaining gifts of $25,000 or greater within 12 months from assignment.
- Maintains a face-to-face visit schedule that ensures personal contact through at least 120 conversations per year.
- Stays knowledgeable on all aspects of Beloit College including its vision, mission, history, structure, policies, financial status, etc.
- Performs qualification calls and new donor evaluation/validation reports as assigned from Director of Prospect Management.
- Recruits and enlists volunteers and volunteer leaders and reports to Alumni Office.
- Represents the Development and Alumni Relations office and the college to internal and external constituencies; serve on committees and attend events as needed. Participates in community, civic and other activities to foster support for and involvement with Beloit College.
- Documents all constituent activity in Raiser’s Edge database, as well as informing college faculty and staff of actions as needed.
- Staff major events on campus at various times a year, including Showcase, Homecoming, Reunion, training and other events as needed.
- Stays current on fundraising techniques and trends and the appropriate application of them at Beloit.
- Undertakes similarly related duties as assigned.
- Works closely with the Stewardship and Donor Relations staff and all members of the Development and Alumni Relations Office to insure a program of effective and efficient stewardship for all major gift donors.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience preferred.
- Progressively responsible leadership experience in institutional development or a related field.
- Experience in conceptualizing, planning, executing and evaluating strategic marketing and communications.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send an electronic version of a letter of application, resume, and a list of three references to: BCDirDevelopment2019@beloit.edu