McNair Scholars Director
The McNair Scholars Program is funded through a U.S. Department of Education TRIO Grant. The purpose of the program is to provide research experience; academic/career/graduate school preparation and guidance to students who are low-income, first generation, or are underrepresented in doctoral programs. Continuation of the position is dependent on grant renewal. This a 12-month, full-time position, with some traveling during the week and on weekends – within and outside of the state – for professional development, student conferences and graduate school visits.
Credentials and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Education or relevant field, Doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of two years of related experience working in higher education advising students on planning for academic success.
- Experience working with grant-funded educational programs.
- Experience working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds, particularly first generation, low-income, and students under-represented in Ph.D. programs or come from this background.
- Knowledge of current graduate school admission requirements.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive working environment.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references electronically to: BCDirMcNair2019@beloit.edu