Director of Corporate & Community Partnership
The mission of Beloit College’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations is to inform external constituents of the College’s mission and goals, to involve them as volunteers in fulfilling its mission, and most importantly, to inspire them to invest their resources in support of the identified current objectives and future dreams. The Director of Corporate & Community Partnership is an integral part of a team that cultivates mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, parents, corporations, foundations, and friends to secure private support for the College.
The key essential functions of the Director include planning and executing annual fundraising and engagement strategies for alumni and parents of the College. The Director is responsible for personally managing a portfolio of leadership prospects and soliciting and closing gifts to advance the mission of the College. The Director plans and executes programs that bring constituents together through networking, social, and philanthropic events for the benefit of one another, students, and the College.
- Serve as the primary Beloit relationship manager for a portfolio of corporate accounts. Maintain strong relationships with key liaisons in each company.
- Proactively develop strategies, identify opportunities to raise awareness of Beloit College with companies and encourage more companies to reach out to Beloit and invest in relationships with the College.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations to ensure visits by industry are planned and executed professionally and in keeping with work being done through corporate foundations.
- Work with the Executive Director to establish annual fundraising goals from corporations. Actively participate in the development, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of strategies to achieve goals.
- Recommend local corporate marketing initiatives, interacting with Beloit College Office of Marketing and Communications and the Development of Outreach and Engagement within Development.
- Develop a strong knowledge base of the faculty, research community, their research interests and expertise so that they can be matched with companies with overlapping interests.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement fundraising strategies to secure gifts. Develop, prepare and present informal fundraising proposals to corporate prospects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years experience required.
- Expertise in university-academic collaborations, and corporate fundraising, preferably at a private liberal arts institution.
- Ability to implement strategies to develop long-term corporate partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, and fundraising proposal writing.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a high energy level and the ability to effectively communicate with faculty members.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
More information about Beloit College can be found at www.beloit.edu
How to Apply
To apply, submit one file containing a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to BCDirCCP2019@beloit.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue to the position is filled