Shivangi Ambardar’21 relishes the peace and quiet of Beloit in the summer. A junior from New Delhi, India, she worked on campus full-time over the summer of 2019 as a tour guide for Admissions and in the Development and Alumni Relations office to support the work of the college gift officers. An eternal optimist, she found a lot to love while staying on campus.
- Campus is beautiful! The weather is mild, and the sun stays up past nine at night. “Even if your windows are closed, you can hear the birds singing before the sun goes down,” she says.
- Riverside Park hosts live concerts every week, featuring local bands and artists.
- Beloit’s Summer Block courses and the Center for Language Studies give Beloiters the chance to meet students from other colleges.
- Students gain unique learning experiences in a “stress-free working environment.”
- Downtime after the workday leaves time to cook, relax, and reconnect with friends.