Guidelines for Event Planning
Every event must adhere to the following campus policies:
- All participants must wear a mask/face covering at all times
- Physical distancing of 6 feet or more must be followed at all times
- A list of attendees must be kept by the event organizers or sponsors. This list will be used to assist with contact tracing if needed.
- The number of attendees cannot exceed the COVID occupancy limit for the selected space. If the event is being held outdoors, then the occupancy is determined by the ability of all attendees to physically distance by 6 feet at all times.
Additional Items to Consider
Depending on the nature of the event and expected activities, the following may be necessary:
- Cleaning/sanitizing of surfaces or objects used.
- Crowd control
- Enforcement and monitoring of mask and distancing rules
- Specified scheduling for arrival and departure of attendees
- Alternate spaces identified due to weather or unexpected increase in attendees
Process for Event Approval
- Send an email to the COVID-19 Task Force (email@example.com) with the details of the event you would like approved
- Be sure to include the date, time, location, expected attendees, plan for tracking attendance and adhering to COVID protocols, and all details of what will happen at the event. The more details you include, the easier it is for us to make a swift decision.
- Expect an email from a Task Force member (usually Tara Girard or Dean Cecil Youngblood) with a request for more information, approval or denial. Security will be copied on this email.
- Once you have the approval, you will need to forward it to the building manager of the space you plan to use.
- Have fun and follow all necessary guidelines.