Proposed Shift to Spring Semester Start Date
Beloit College is considering starting the Spring Semester on a later date to improve the student experience and enhance the safety and health of the community.
What you need to know
The proposed schedule
- Classes would resume Tues., Feb. 23, and continue in our current modular format, with a mix of in-person and hybrid learning. Exams for the first mod would take place April 13 and 14.
- The second mod would begin Apr. 19 with exams on June 7 and 8.
- Graduation would be held Sunday, June 13, and summer blocks would begin June 21.
- The Academic Strategic Planning, Curriculum Oversight and Administration, and Faculty Status & Performance committees and other offices have been meeting to build out the proposal.
- The College’s Staff Council will meet on Nov. 30 to discuss the proposal.
- The College’s Academic Senate will meet on Dec. 2 to discuss the proposal.
- The College’s Senior Staff will vote on the proposal soon after the Academic Senate meeting.
- The decision will be communicated to the entire community on Dec. 3.
The College is scheduling informational sessions via Zoom:
- Students: Monday, November 30, 7 p.m. CT
- Faculty: Monday, November 30, 11:30 a.m. CT
- Staff: Tuesday, December 1, 12:30 p.m. CT
- Parents: Thursday, December 3, 3 p.m. CT
The college also sent two letters about this proposal to the community. These letters go into more detail, including the benefits of the proposed changes.