Ninth and Tenth Semester Tuition-Free Program
Beloit College is offering up to two tuition-free semesters for students who enrolled in the 2020-21 academic year, recognizing that the COVID pandemic upended this year.
These two semesters will allow students to experience more of a Beloit education’s many dimensions, which go far beyond the classroom. This additional flexibility will allow students to access these opportunities while also devoting additional time to preparing for their lives after Beloit.
To be eligible, students must:
- Have been enrolled full-time during the entire 2020-21 academic year,
- Have completed eight full-time semesters (eligibility for transfer students will be determined individually),
- Agree to
- Enroll in at least three units during each tuition-free semester,
- Live on campus and be on a meal plan,
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress,
- Abide by the student code of conduct.
- The tuition-free semester or year must start during the academic year immediately following the student’s eighth semester.
Participants will be responsible for room, board, and fees, less any applicable federal aid. Eligibility for federal financial aid is limited to students who have not completed their academic program and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
If you are interested in participating in the tuition-free semester program in Fall 2021 and/or Spring 2022, please complete this intent to register form.
If you are planning to participate in the tuition-free semester program in Fall 2021, you should
* Confirm your eligibility with the Registrar’s Office.
* Consult with the Financial Aid Office to determine whether you qualify for aid. All students will receive free-tuition, but eligibility for other financial aid is limited to students who have not completed their academic program (all general education requirements and declared major(s)).
* Speak with your advisor during the Advising Period, April 20-30.
* Register for fall courses during the Registration Period, May 3-5 and 7.
* Participate in the Housing Lottery to obtain a room assignment.
*Sign up for a meal plan.
If you later decide not to participate, you must notify the Registrar’s Office and also cancel your housing and meal plan contracts with Residential Life. The deadline for canceling housing contracts is July 9, 2021.