Masks optional indoors for campus community
As of March 28, students, faculty, staff, and emeriti faculty and staff will no longer be required to wear masks indoors on campus.
What you need to know
- Students, faculty, staff, and emeriti faculty and staff will no longer be required to wear masks indoors on campus.
- Faculty and staff may request that masks be worn in their individual workspaces or classrooms.
- Students may also request that masks be worn in their private living spaces.
- All campus visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask while in indoor spaces on campus, except when eating or drinking.
- We understand that not everyone has the same level of health or comfort, so you are welcome to wear a mask whenever you feel inclined.
- We encourage everyone on campus to respect the wishes of others regarding mask-wearing and keep a mask on them at all times, so when you encounter a situation where you need a mask, you have one.