Setting up your multi-factor authentication (MFA) is quick and easy.
You will need to provide two pieces of evidence to verify your identity when you log in to your Beloit College account. One will be your username and password. The other will be one of the following options that you may choose from:
Preferred and Required to Set Up
- Answering 3 of 5 security questions correctly.
- Entering a code that can be sent to a non-Beloit email address
- Entering a code that can be sent via text (SMS) message to your cell phone
Optional and Not Required to Set Up
- Pressing a button on an attached YubiKey device (if you personally own one).
- Using the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device to provide a one-time passcode.
If you do not have a mobile device capable of receiving an SMS message or a non-Beloit email address, please contact LITS support at email@example.com.
Setting Up Your MFA
- Sign in to password.beloit.edu with your Beloit username and password. (You may be asked to re-enter your password; if so, enter and click Submit.)
- Select and answer five security questions with answers that are known only to you, then click Submit.
- Click the Email Recovery tab and enter an alternate (non-Beloit) email address. A verification code will be sent to the address you submitted. Enter the code and click Verify to verify your email address.
- Click the Phone Recovery tab and enter up to two recovery phone numbers. A verification code will be sent via text message to the phone number you submitted. Enter the code and click Verify to verify your phone number.
When you have completed these 3 steps, close the tab on your browser.
If you want to set up a personal YubiKey device or the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device, you will find the directions here.
Using Your MFA
When you are next required to login to a Beloit College system you will see this:
Select one of the security verifications and follow the instructions. Below is what you see if you select the Text Message option.
In the verification window, you can check the box labeled “Trust this device” and you will not be required to reenter your security information when logging in from the same device and location. Signing in from a new device or location will require you to perform this second verification again. Then click on the lower right arrow.
The next screen will provide a place to enter the code that was sent to a cell phone as a text message.