- Research Process Guide
- Citation Formats
- Citation Management and Bibliography Tools
- Annotated Bibliographies
- Ethical Use of Information, and Avoiding Plagiarism
- Beloit College Writing Center
- Ask a Librarian
- Find It Button and Links in Databases
Ask the library staff at the reference desk for help and check to see if your instructor requires one of these formats.
- APSA- American Political Science Association
- APA- American Psychological Association
- CBE- Council of Biology Editors
- MLA- Modern Language Association
- USGS- U.S. Geological Survey
Internet Citation Formats
- APA Style Resources
- Internet Citation Guides (organized by style)
- Citing Electronic Information in History Papers
- Uncle Sam - BRIEF GUIDE TO CITING GOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONS
The Columbia Guide to Online Style (Beloit College Library Ref 808.02 W152c)
Library staff can assist users with the following free bibliographic management tools.
KnightCite is a free web-based citation management service offered by Calvin College. It allows users to create an account and save citations for multiple research projects. Citations can be created using MLA, APA, or Chicago styles. KnightCite is also capable of exporting bibliographies in either rich text or Word format.
The most robust version of this tool operates a plug-in for the Firefox browser. The tool allows users to organize citations from databases and web browsing, store the library citations on a local hard drive, removable storage, or remote web page. Stored citations can be added directly to papers and bibliographies using a plug-in for MS Word and OpenOffice. Paper Machines is a plug in for Zotero which allows you to visualize the data held within your profile using word clouds, topic modeling, phrase nets, and geoparsing.